Etude – Soon Jung Director’s Mineral Filter Sun Cream SPF50+/PA++++
Product Name: Soon Jung Director’s Mineral Filter Sun Cream
Water Resistance: Not Waterproof
Formulated by: Cosmax
Manufactured by: Cosmax
Distributed by: Etude
Country of Manufacture: South Korea
Functional Cosmetic Certifications: UV Protection
Original Retail Price: 25,000 KRW
Date of Release: April 2022
Shelf life: 2 years before opening. 12 months after opening
Sunscreen type: Mineral Sunscreen
UV Filters: Zinc Oxide, Titanium Dioxide
Notable allergens: n/a
Water, Isononyl Isononanoate, Zinc Oxide, Propanediol, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Butyloctyl Salicylate, Titanium Dioxide, Silica, Hexyl Laurate, Acrylates Copolymer, Isotridecyl Isononanoate, Polyglyceryl-4 Diisostearate/Polyhydroxystearate/Sebacate, Polyglyceryl-2 Isostearate, Polyglyceryl-2 Dipolyhydroxystearate, Magnesium Sulfate, 1,2-Hexanediol, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, VP/Hexadecene Copolymer, Coco-Caprylate/Caprate, Polyhydroxystearic Acid, Polyglyceryl-6 Polyricinoleate, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Centella Asiatica Extract, Poly C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate, Aluminum Hydroxide, Sorbitan Isostearate, Stearic Acid, Polyglyceryl-6 Polyhydroxystearate, PVP, Centella Asiatica Flower/Leaf/Stem Extract, Polyglycerin-6, Ethylhexylglycerin, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Panthenol, Madecassoside, Asiaticoside, Centella Asiatica Leaf Extract
정제수, 아이소노닐아이소노나노에이트, 징크옥사이드, 프로판다이올, C12-15알킬벤조에이트, 부틸옥틸살리실레이트, 티타늄디옥사이드, 실리카, 헥실라우레이트, 아크릴레이트코폴리머, 아이소트라이데실아이소노나노에이트, 폴리글리세릴-4다이아이소스테아레이트/폴리하이드록시스테아레이트/세바케이트, 폴리글리세릴-2아이소스테아레이트, 폴리글리세릴-2다이폴리하이드록시스테아레이트, 마그네슘설페이트, 1,2-헥산다이올, 다이스테아다이모늄헥토라이트, 다이메티콘크로스폴리머, 브이피/헥사데센코폴리머, 코코-카프릴레이트/카프레이트, 폴리하이드록시스테아릭애씨드, 폴리글리세릴-6폴리리시놀리에이트, 솔비탄세스퀴올리에이트, 트라이에톡시카프릴릴실레인, 병풀추출물, 폴리C10-30알킬아크릴레이트, 알루미늄하이드록사이드, 솔비탄아이소스테아레이트, 스테아릭애씨드, 폴리글리세릴-6폴리하이드록시스테아레이트, 피브이피, 병풀꽃/잎/줄기추출물, 폴리글리세린-6, 에틸헥실글리세린, 토코페롤, 아스코빌팔미테이트, 판테놀, 마데카소사이드, 아시아티코사이드, 병풀잎추출물
Non-nano mineral sunscreeen co-developed by Etude with Korean beauty youtuber Director Pi. The sunscreen boasts a mild, hypoallergenic formula that gently protects sensitive skin from UV rays.
Etude privately commissioned tests to verify the UV protection of the sunscreen and obtained the certifications below. Please note that these tests were privately commissioned by the company and are not legally equivalent to the pre-market tests required to commercialise a sunscreen in South Korea. For more information on sunscreen regulations in South Korea, please refer to this video.
Soon Jung Director’s Mineral Filter Sun Cream contains only mineral particles larger 100 nanometers in diameters and is suitable for sensitive skin [Titanium Dioxide, Zinc Oxide Non-Nano Particle Size Analysis Test conducted by Korea Testing & Research Institute. Date: 2021.11.30].
The formula doesn’t contain animal-derived ingredients, Mineral Oil, Polyacrylamide, Imidazolidinyl Urea, Triethanolamine, Fragrance, PEG surfactants and Talc.
- Panthenol – Relieves sensitive skin by supporting skin barrier function and improving moisture retention.
- Madecassoside – Enhances skin’s self-regenerative capacity, soothes and moisturises skin irritated skin.
- Centella Asiatica Flower/Leaf/Stem Extract from the well-preserved environment of Jeju Island – The ingredient was obtained through Ultrasonic Extraction, an extraction process that involves the use of low-frequency ultrasound waves and that allows an ingredient to be extracted at a low temperature to reduce heat damage. The process of Ultrasonic Extraction helps enhance the active components of Centella Asiatica.
- Non-comedogenic. Non-comedogenic test conducted by Global Medical Research Centre. Date: 2021.11.22-2021.12.12.
- Hypoallergenic. Hypoallergenic test conducted by Global Medical Research Centre. Date: 2021.11.08-2021.12.17.
- Suitable for sensitive skin. Primary skin irritation test conducted by Global Medical Research Centre. Date: 2021.11.17-2021.11.19. Primary Skin Irritation test for sensitive skin conducted by Global Medical Research Centre. Date: 2021.11.03-2021.11.23.
- Soothing. Test to assess relief of skin irritation by heat irritation conducted by Global Medical Research Centre. Date: 2021.11.22-2021.12.10.
- Vegan. The sunscreen doesn’t contain any animal-derived ingredient and obtained the EVE Vegan Certification from the Vegan France association.
- Coral reef safe. The sunscreen doesn’t contain any ingredient that could potentially be harmful to coral reefs.
Soon Jung Director’s Mineral Filter Sun Cream is a mineral sunscreen with a highly-adhesive formula that doesn’t leave any white cast. The product boasts a soft cream formula with a non-sticky finish.
At the last step of basic skincare, lightly apply on areas exposed to UV rays.
1) If any irritation occurs, stop using and consult a doctor if necessary. 2) Do not use on damaged skin and avoid using on open scars. 3) Keep out of reach of children. 4) Keep in dry cool place, avoiding direct sunlight. 5) For external use only, avoid contact with eyes.
Other editions and formulations:
Shop this product:
Reviewed by Odile?
Source: Etude website
Translation: © 2022 Odile Monod
Disclaimer: The list above contains a combination of affiliate and non-affiliate links. If you make a purchase through one of my affiliate links, I will earn a small commission (paid by third party companies, not you). Commissions help fund the content production of the Monodist. For more information on my affiliate policy please refer to my About page. Some links are missing because the item is not available outside of Korea at the moment.