Etude – Soon Jung Director’s Moisture Sun Cream SPF50+/PA++++
Product Name:Soon Jung Director’s Moisture Sun Cream
Water Resistance: Not Waterproof
Formulated by: Kolmar Korea
Manufactured by: Kolmar Korea
Distributed by: Etude
Country of Manufacture: South Korea
Functional Cosmetic Certifications: UV Protection
Original Retail Price: 25,000 KRW
Date of Release: April 2022
Shelf life: 2 years before opening. 12 months after opening
Sunscreen type: Chemical Sunscreen
UV Filters: Ethylhexyl Triazone, Terephthalylidene Dicamphor Sulfonic Acid, Diethylamino Hydroxybenzoyl Hexyl Benzoate, Polysilicone-15, Bis-Ethylhexyloxyphenol Methoxyphenyl Triazine
Notable allergens: n/a
Water, Dibutyl Adipate, Propanediol, Butylene Glycol, Ethylhexyl Triazone, Terephthalylidene Dicamphor Sulfonic Acid, Polyglyceryl-3 Distearate, Tromethamine, 1,2-Hexanediol, Pentylene Glycol, Cetearyl Alcohol, Diethylamino Hydroxybenzoyl Hexyl Benzoate, Glyceryl Stearate, Bis-Ethylhexyloxyphenol Methoxyphenyl Triazine, Potassium Cetyl Phosphate, Methylpropanediol, Silica, Carbomer, Centella Asiatica Extract, Glyceryl Stearate Citrate, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Ethylhexylglycerin, Ammonium Acryloyldimethyltaurate/VP Copolymer, Polyether-1, Disodium EDTA, Biosaccharide Gum-1, Allantoin, Panthenol, Tocopherol, Madecassoside
정제수, 다이부틸아디페이트, 프로판다이올, 부틸렌글라이콜, 에칠헥실트리아존, 테레프탈릴리덴디캠퍼설포닉애씨드, 폴리글리세릴-3다이스테아레이트, 트로메타민, 1,2-헥산다이올, 펜틸렌글라이콜, 세테아릴알코올, 디에칠아미노하이드록시벤조일헥실벤조에이트, 폴리실리콘-15, 글리세릴스테아레이트, 비스-에칠헥실옥시페놀메톡시페닐트리아진, 포타슘세틸포스페이트, 메틸프로판다이올, 실리카, 카보머, 병풀추출물, 글리세릴스테아레이트시트레이트, 아크릴레이트/C10-30알킬아크릴레이트크로스폴리머, 에틸헥실글리세린, 암모늄아크릴로일다이메틸타우레이트/브이피코폴리머, 폴리에터-1, 다이소듐이디티에이, 바이오사카라이드검-1, 알란토인, 판테놀, 토코페롤, 마데카소사이드
Chemical sunscreeen co-developed by Etude with Korean beauty youtuber Director Pi. The sunscreen boasts a mild, hypoallergenic formula that hydrates and soothes sensitive skin and protects it from UV rays.
Etude commissioned tests to verify the UV protection of the sunscreen and obtained the following certifications:
The formula doesn’t contain animal-derived ingredients, Mineral Oil, Polyacrylamide, Imidazolidinyl Urea, Triethanolamine, Synthetic colorants, Fragrance, Parabens and Talc.
- Panthenol – Relieves sensitive skin by supporting skin barrier function and improving moisture retention.
- Madecassoside – Enhances skin’s self-regenerative capacity, soothes and moisturises skin irritated skin.
- Centella Asiatica Flower/Leaf/Stem Extract from the well-preserved environment of Jeju Island – The ingredient was obtained through Ultrasonic Extraction, an extraction process that involves the use of low-frequency ultrasound waves and that allows an ingredient to be extracted at a low temperature to reduce heat damage. The process of Ultrasonic Extraction helps enhance the active components of Centella Asiatica.
- Non-comedogenic. Non-comedogenic test conducted by DermaPro. Date: 2021.10.25-2021.11.26.
- Hypoallergenic. Hypoallergenic test conducted by DermaPro. Date: 2021.10.18-2021.11.26.
- Suitable for sensitive skin. Primary skin irritation test conducted by Korea Institute of Dermatological Sciences. Date: 2021.10.15-2021.11.08. Primary Skin Irritation test for sensitive skin conducted by P&K Skin Research Center. Date: 2021.11.10-2021.11.18.
- Soothing. Test to assess relief of skin irritation by heat irritation conducted by P&K Skin Research Center. Date: 2021.10.18-2021.11.01.
- Easy wash. Test to assess if a product can be removed by a single cleanse conducted by P&K Skin Research Center. Date: 2021.10.18-2021.10.19.
- Vegan. The sunscreen doesn’t contain any animal-derived ingredient and obtained the EVE Vegan Certification from the Vegan France association.
- Coral reef safe. The sunscreen doesn’t contain any ingredient that could potentially be harmful to coral reefs.
Soon Jung Director’s Moisture Sun Cream is a hydrating sunscreen with a comfortable formula. The product boasts a lightweight and hydrating essence formula that relieves skin irritated by UV rays.
At the last step of basic skincare, lightly apply on areas exposed to UV rays.
1) If any irritation occurs, stop using and consult a doctor if necessary. 2) Do not use on damaged skin and avoid using on open scars. 3) Keep out of reach of children. 4) Keep in dry cool place, avoiding direct sunlight. 5) For external use only, avoid contact with eyes.
Other editions and formulations:
Shop this product:
South Korean retailers:
Make sure to check out the Discount & Coupons page to access exclusive offers for major Korean skincare retailers.
Reviewed by Odile?
Source: Etude website
Translation: © 2022 Odile Monod
Disclaimer: The list above contains a combination of affiliate and non-affiliate links. If you make a purchase through one of my affiliate links, I will earn a small commission (paid by third party companies, not you). Commissions help fund the content production of the Monodist. For more information on my affiliate policy please refer to my About page. Some links are missing because the item is not available outside of Korea at the moment.
Video: The New Etude House Sunscreens: The Good, The Bad and The Ugly - The Monodist by Odile Monod
[…] ▪ Etude – Soon Jung Director’s Moisture Sun Cream SPF50+/PA++++ (INFO + SHOP) […]