Introducing: the biggest trends that are set to shape Korean Beauty in 2023.
In this video we’ll take a deep dive into the latest innovations, consumer changes and market trends that are shaping the future of Korean Beauty in 2023.
The video is based on real reports by Korean beauty trend forecasters (namely: Seoul National University Consumer Trend Center, CJ Group, Measurecommerce) and on my humble experience as a beauty marketing professional working in the Korean Beauty industry.
From cutting-edge biotechnology, to a new innovative approach to hair loss, here are the top Korean beauty trends to try out in 2023.
Products Mentioned in this video:
▪ Sooryehan – The Black Serum (Available from: Amazon)
▪ O Hui – Prime Advancer Ampoule Serum (Available from: Amazon, Yesstyle, Jolse)
▪ Donginbi – Daily Defense Essence EX (Available from: Amazon, Stylevana, Yesstyle)
▪ Iope – STEM III Ampoule (Available from: Amazon, Stylevana)
▪ Dr.Groot – Microbiome Capsule Shampoo (Available from: Olive Young Global, Amazon)
▪ Labo-H – Hair Loss Relief Shampoo [Scalp Strengthening] (Available from: Olive Young Global)
▪ Hera – Hydro-Dew Plumping Water Drop (Available from: W.Concept Global)
▪ Hera – Hydro-Dew Plumping Ampoule (Available from: W.Concept Global)
▪ Hera – Hydro-Dew Plumping Cream
▪ Hera – Skin Radiant Glow Cushion SPF40/PA++ (Available from: W.Concept Global)
▪ Hera – Glow Lasting Foundation SPF25/PA++ (Available from Yesstyle)
▪ Hera – Sensual Nude Gloss [#Speechless] (Available from: W.Concept Global)
Sources and recommended readings:
Kim, Do Yoon et al. (2016) “Effect of Keratinocyte Derived Exosome on Proliferation and Migration on Human Skin Keratinocyte,” Journal of the Society of Cosmetic Scientists of Korea. 대한화장품학회, 42(4), pp. 359–366. doi: 10.15230/SCSK.2016.42.4.359.
Mangesh et al., (2021) “Mesenchymal Stem Cell-Derived Exosomes: Applications in Regenerative Medicine.” Cells. Aug 1;10(8):1959.
Cho I. and Blaser M.J. (2012) “The Human Microbiome: at the interface of health and disease”. Nat Rev Genet. Mar 13; 13(4): 260–270.
Yoon et al., (2022) “Stimulatory Effects of Extracellular Vesicles Derived from Leuconostoc holzapfelii that Exists in Human Scalp on Hair Growth in Human Follicle Dermal Papilla Cells”. Curr. Issues. Mol. Biol. 44(2): 845-866
임팩트북. (2022) “2023 화장품 시장동향 및 전망”. 임팩트북.
Amorepacific Group. (2022). Amorepacific Presents Research Results on Reverse Aging Efficacy of RE.D Flavonoid | Amorepacific. [online] Available at: https://www.apgroup.com/int/en/news/1332066_19469.html
Yonhap News. (2022). Korea to invest 400 billion won in 2023 to foster digital biotechnology. [online] Available at: https://koreajoongangdaily.joins.com/2022/12/07/business/tech/Korea-digital-bio/20221207190943412.html
Yonhap News. (2022). Korea to support bio firms’ 13 trillion won investment by 2026. [online] Available at: https://koreajoongangdaily.joins.com/2022/12/07/business/industry/Korea-bio-Samsung-Biologics/20221207191103407.html
Woo-hyun, S. (2022). S. Korea rolls out biotech plan. [online] The Korea Herald. Available at: https://www.koreaherald.com/view.php?ud=20221207000703
이정은. (2022). CJ올리브영 ‘탈모케어 제품 매출 28% 증가’. [online] 파이낸셜뉴스. Available at: https://www.fnnews.com/news/202209290854421940
창업신문. (2022). 1000만 탈모 인구 잡는다…비대면 진료 플랫폼 인기 [online] Available at: http://m.rgnews.co.kr/news/articleView.html?idxno=9123 [Accessed 5 Mar. 2023].
김경희. (2022). 마스크 속 촉촉한 피부와 밀착·내추럴 등 메이크업 트렌드 주목. [online] digitalchosun.dizzo.com. Available at: https://digitalchosun.dizzo.com/site/data/html_dir/2022/04/01/2022040180038.html
홍승해. (2022). 마스크 벗고 ‘색조화장품’ 훨훨 날았다. [online] Available at: http://www.fortunekorea.co.kr/news/articleView.html?idxno=22177
오지은 (2022). CJ올리브영 “올해는 다양한 트렌드 어우러진 ‘밍글’의 해”. [online] 연합뉴스. Available at: https://www.yna.co.kr/view/AKR20221220032700003
김익태. (2022). [패션·뷰티 핫트렌드 ④] 마스크 벗는 봄?… 색조화장품 뭐가 좋을까? [online] Available at: https://www.seoulwire.com/news/articleView.html?idxno=467754
Remember to subscribe to my Youtube channel for more informative content on Korean Beauty