The History of Whoo – Gongjinhyang Jin Hae Yoon Cushion Sun Balm SPF50+/PA+++
Brand: The History of Whoo
Product Name: Gongjinhyang Jin Hae Yoon Cushion Sun Balm SPF50+/PA+++
Korean Product Name: 공진향 진해윤 올인원 쿠션선밤 SPF50+/PA+++
UV Protection: SPF50+/PA+++
Water Resistance: Not Waterproof
Formulated by: LG Household & Health Care
Manufactured by: LG Household & Health Care
Distributed by: LG Household & Health Care
Country of Manufacture: South Korea
Functional Cosmetic Certifications: UV Protection, Whitening, Anti-Wrinkle
Original Retail Price: 65,000 KRW
Date of Release: April 2014
Shelf life: 3 years before opening. 12 months after opening.
Sunscreen type: Hybrid (organic + inorganic filters)
UV filters: Titanium Dioxide, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate
Notable allergens: Iron Oxide Yellow, Talc, Fragrance, Essential Oils, Iron Oxide Red, Iron Oxide Black
Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Dimethicone, Triethylhexanoin, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Arbutin, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Iron Oxide Yellow, Glyceryl Caprylate, Distearyldimonium Chloride, Aluminum Hydroxide, Stearic Acid, Diphenylsiloxy Phenyl Trimethicone, Triethoxysilylethyl Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Hexyl Dimethicone, Silica, Cedrol, Tin Oxide, Aminobutyric Acid, Water, Atractylodes Japonica Root Oil, Caprylyl Glycol, Angelica Acutiloba Root Extract, Cornus Officinalis Fruit Extract, Velvet Extract, Thymus Vulgaris (Thyme) Extract, Gold, Talc, Amber Powder, Fragrance, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, Benzyl Salicylate, Citronellol, Geraniol, Hydroxycitronellal, Limonene, Linalool, Iron Oxide Red, Iron Oxide Black
Gongjinhyang Jin Hae Yoon Cushion Sun Balm is an all-in-one balm sunscreen cushion that combines the hydrating properties of a foundation with the smooth finish of a powder to create a supple, smooth and radiant complexion all at once.
The sunscreen shields skin against UV rays while offering natural skin correction and promoting a lasting, youthful glow with improved elasticity and smoothness.
- Sebum-absorbing sunscreen balm that keeps skin smooth, supple and radiant for 24 hours.
- Boasts a large puff applicator to ensure thorough application.
- Sunscreen balm with a soft, hydrating formula that is neither sticky nor drying.
Gongjinhyang Jin Hae Yoon Cushion Sun Balm was formulated following Hanbang principles:
- Qing Shu (청서, 清暑) – A therapeutic method known to clear excess heat in the skin (representative ingredient in the product: Pumpkin).
- Purge Fire (사화,瀉火) – A therapeutic method of removing pathogenic fire by using bitter-cold medicinals (representative ingredient in the product: Gold).
- Nourish yin and moisten dryness (자윤, 滋潤) – A therapeutic method of nourishing yin, clearing heat, increasing fluids and moisten dryness (representative ingredients in the product: Angelica, Cornus Officinalis).
Use at the last step of your skin care routine or for re-applications during the day.
Take an adequate amount of product using the provided puff and apply it over your face with gentle pats. Make sure to apply an additional layer to the areas most exposed to UV rays, such as cheekbones and nose.
- Immediately consult a dermatologist if symptoms such as red blotches, swelling and/or itchiness appear while using the product, or in case such symptoms appear when the skin is exposed to direct sunlight after use.
- Do not use the product on open wounds.
- Storage and handling precautions:
- Keep out of the reach of children.
- Keep away from direct sunlight.
- Be careful to avoid the product going into your eyes. In case of contact with eyes, rinse immediately.
- Use only for the intended purpose.
- Follow the instructions provided.
- Be careful to avoid the product going into your eyes.
- Be careful not to get the product on your clothes.
- Do not mix with other substances.
Other editions and formulations:
Shop this product:
Reviewed by Odile?
Source: The History of Whoo official website
Translation: © 2023 Odile Monod
Disclaimer: The list above contains a combination of affiliate and non-affiliate links. If you make a purchase through one of my affiliate links, I will earn a small commission (paid by third party companies, not you). Commissions help fund the content production of the Monodist. For more information on my affiliate policy please refer to my About page. Some links are missing because the item is not available outside of Korea at the moment.